The Alberta Government is now holding public and stakeholder conversations around the province on these topics:
● healthy lakes
● hydraulic fracturing (fracking) and water
● drinking water and wastewater systems
● water management
Water Matters encourages the public and stakeholders to take part in these conversations and to speak up for any water issues of concern. This should include, but not be limited to, your concerns on wetlands, water allocations, and river quality.
How can you participate?
- Learn more about the conversations on the Government of Alberta’s website.
- Check the dates of upcoming public conversations in Grande Prairie, Medicine Hat, Peace River, Milk River, Hinton, Camrose, Pincher Creek, Edmonton, Okotoks, Bonneyville, Lethbridge, Slave Lake, Rocky Mountain House, Thorsby, Fort McMurray, Red Deer, Fort Chipewyan, Drumheller, Calgary, and Canmore.
- Complete their online survey — available from Feb. 11 to March 29 — and please include detailed comments where possible.
- Provide feedback by sending an email.
We look forward to seeing you at the meetings and making these conversations meaningful!